How can you know when the elderly needs care home services?
A couple of signs indicate that your loved one’s needs have changed from hourly to 24-hour care. Frequent falls or compromised balance is one of them. This can result from dementia, a neurological issue, or following an accident. They may also confuse daytime and nighttime, repeatedly awake in the middle of the night, or be restless in the dark. Recent hospitalization after a hip fracture, stroke, or heart attack may also contribute to this condition. Other signs may include:
1. Fainting or bewilderment from dehydration.
2. Difficulty eating or drinking without help.
3. Wandering from home, on foot, and getting lost or confused.
4. Worried about short absences of family or caregivers.
5. Leaving the stove unattended.
6. New or raised bathroom accidents.