What are some cooking tips that not everyone knows?
Whether you cook as a hobby or not, it will not hurt to learn a few tricks to make your cooking a bit easier.
1. Bake your bacon. Cover a cookie sheet with foil instead of frying your bacon and cook your bacon that way if you do not like grease spatter.
2. Remove eggshells with wet fingers. Remove the eggshells from your bowl by dampening your fingers.
3. Use a Bundt pan to de-corn and your corn on the cob. Stick your corn in the hole of the Bundt pan, and then slice the kernel off from top to bottom with a knife.
4. Hide your mistakes. If you burn your cookies shave off the thin burnt layer using a Microplane grater.
5. Ice cream saver! If you trim down the top of the container, your ice cream will not get freezer burnt.
6. Make your cooking spray yourself. Combine one part oil with five parts water in a squirt bottle.
7. Use a straw to vacuum and seal the storage bag. Insert a straw into a zip lock bag to vacuum seal veggies or fruit before putting it in the freezer. Then seal the bag around the straw and suck the remaining air out of the bag. Finally, take the straw out and close the bag.