What are the best exercises for back pain relief?
In case you suffer from an injury or health concern, stretch your lower back with safety and care. It is wise to talk to your doctor before starting exercise. Do these stretches twice a day; if you feel pain, take a day off. Pay attention to your breathing while exercising. Breathe comfortably during each pose or scratch.
1. While your hand and knees are on the ground, sink back through your hips to rest them on your heels.
2. As you fold forward to hinge at your hips, walk your hands out in front of you.
3. Rest your belly on your thighs.
4. While your palms face up, extend your arms in front or alongside your body.
5. Breathe deeply and relax areas of tension or tightness.
6. Hold this pose for one minute and do it several times during stretching. You can do it between each of the other stretches you do.
7. Place a rolled-up towel on top of or under your thighs for extra support.