What are the signs and symptoms shown by people with sleep disorders?
Symptoms of sleep disorders vary according to their severity and type. Symptoms may also vary if the sleep disorder is secondary to another condition.
However, most sleep disorders present with the following symptoms:
• Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
• Fatigue during the day
• Having a strong urge to nap during the day
• Irregular breathing patterns
• Unusual or unpleasant urges to move while sleeping
• Abnormal movements while sleeping
• Disruptions in your sleep/wake schedule
• Feelings of anxiety or irritability
• Decreased productivity or performance
• Inability to focus
• Depressive mood
• Gaining weight