What do caregivers do for seniors?
Here are the main responsibilities of a caregiver:
• Ensuring the clients’ needs are met with respect
• Paying attention to their safety and providing a safe environment for clients
• Aid the clients with their day-to-day activities, such as eating, bathing, dressing, and using the bathroom; basically, anything they cannot do alone or are having difficulty doing.
• Actively engage clients through conversation and companionship
• Talking with the clients, having conversations with them, and being a reliable companion
• Maintaining and respecting the dignity of clients and encouraging their independence while helping them
• Helping with meal preparation, grocery shopping, and other simple house chores
• Assisting them and accompanying them in physical therapy sessions
• Reporting any unusual behavior or incidents to the family members or the doctor
• Helping the clients with taking their medications according to the prescription and instructions