What do you do when you can’t sleep at night?
Don’t get disappointed and jump out of bed ten minutes after you shut your eyes. Usually, you must lie in bed for 15 to 20 minutes before falling asleep. You should try to get back to sleep if you awaken during the night. It is essential not to give up too soon if you cannot fall asleep.
If you couldn’t sleep for 30 minutes:
• Get up, stretch, and do something boring if you still can’t fall asleep.
• Consider folding your laundry, cleaning out your junk drawer, or checking the classifieds.
• Limit your screen time.
• Relax, breathe deeply, and tell yourself that you’re tired.
• Turn off all lights and sounds.
• Adjust the temperature; it must be between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit.
• If stress or worry keeps you up, try to think about positive things instead of dwelling on negative thoughts.
• You can also use white noise to help you fall asleep. Try to focus on positive thoughts instead of dwelling on negative ones.
• Distract yourself. You shouldn’t be fixated on the fact that you aren’t sleeping. Find another thing to do or just do nothing.