What is it like to live in a retirement home?
Being in a community devoted to living a happy life has its benefits. Many retirement communities provide lavish amenities that you would never think of having in your own house.
• Swimming pools, both indoor and outdoor
• Golfing greens
• Jacuzzis, spas, and massage rooms
• Patios and kitchens with fireplaces
• Tennis courts
• Movie rooms
• Blackjack and Poker tables
• Snooker and darts
• Walking trails
• Workout rooms and equipment
• Business centers
Making new friends is always tricky, but it becomes even more difficult after retirement. If your calendar feels a little empty but wants to keep an active social life, a retirement community could be the ideal solution.
• Morning brunches and happy hours
• Sports lounges showing national games
• Religious study groups
• Fitness clubs
• Book reading clubs
• Cards and Mahjong clubs
• Coffee gatherings
• Community advisory boards
• Local volunteer programs
Cooking a healthy dinner might be a challenge at times. “Bread. Wine. Cheese. Repeat,” as one blogger said, is an intriguing temptation. But when you live in a retirement house, you can get back to eating healthy meals that nourish your body and make you feel good, too!