In our society, what are some ways of discrimination seniors might encounter? Can you give a few examples?
Losing a job due to your age
• Being refused some perks such as interest-free credit, a new credit card, car, or travel insurance because of your age
• Getting a lower quality of service in a shop or restaurant because of the organization’s approach to seniors
• Being denied a referral from a doctor to a consultant because you are ‘too old.’
• Being refused membership to a club or enterprise association because of your age.
• Age Discrimination in Job Adverts
• Hearing age-related insults or comments