What are the instructions for making a raised garden?
Without a proper amount of sunlight, plants can’t grow well, so to build your raised garden bed:
• Choose a flat sunny spot.
• Use a shovel to prevent the frame from resting in a level position.
• Add your quality soil if needed.
• Grow plants with long root stems if raised garden bed kits are stackable.
1. Line with Landscape Fabric
To protect against pests. It keeps weeds and grass from growing and allows water to pass through the proper drainage.
2. Add Soil to the Raised Garden Bed
Since the container rests on the ground in the raised garden bed, you can control the soil and amendments.
• Choose the proper soil.
• An excellent essential mix is a 60-percent topsoil, 30-percent compost, and 10-percent potting mix.
• Adjust the ratio of soil and amendments.
• Add enough soil mix.
• Use the instructions Length x Width x Depth for the amount of soil. For a raised garden bed that measures 8-feet by 4-feet by 10-inches, you need about 27-cubic feet of soil.
3. Add Seeds or Plants to The Soil Mixture.
• The plants should be far enough apart at a proper depth.
• Arrange the plans so taller plants will not block sunlight from shorter ones.
• Support plants with plant stakes, props, or tomato cages.
• Water regularly. You must water the plants about 1 inch a week.